The Boy and I are honeymooning in Rome next month! Besides getting married to the Boy (which I am incredibly excited about), going to Rome to see all the things I've read about and experience the culture (read: food, art and style) is something I've always dreamed about!
Here's our agenda:
- Sunday, arriving before noon at the hotel; afternoon at the Borghese Gallery
- Monday: ancient Roman monuments, including the Colliseum, Palantine Hill, Pantheon, Capital Hill, Forum, etc.
- Tuesday: National Museum of Rome, Appian Way Stroll and Catacombs
- Wednesday: Naples and Pompeii
- Thursday: Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica, afternoon shopping, strolling and eating Gelato
- Friday: Ostia Antica and strolling from the Campo de'Fiori to the Spanish Steps
- Saturday: free
- Sunday: tracking down all the Caravaggio paintings that we didn't see at the Vatican; leaving Rome at 8 pm.
What do you think? Any travelers out there have ideas for our free day that we shouldn't miss?
"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them."
— Marcus Aurelius